DEPUTY HEAD OF RIGGING
As a focused, self-motivated Rigging technician you will Inspect, service and keep ready for dispatch all HSL Group Lifting equipment (Hoists, Loose tackle, Truss etc.) in compliance with HSL quality standards and statutory regulations. In addition you will compile equipment in goods-out ready for dispatch according to HSL Pull lists. The successful candidate will deputise for the Head Of Rigging and support them in the management of the department.
- Ensure all lifting equipment is inspected in compliance with HSL processes and statutory regulations and to ensure all findings are recorded.
- To complete and supply all necessary certification and documentation in compliance with HSL processes and statutory regulations.
- To input the recorded data onto the secure database in order to keep the database current and effective.
- To deputise for the Head Of Rigging as and when required
- To lead a team of preparation technicians in the absence of the Head Of Rigging.
- Ensuring all equipment coming back from jobs is returned to a prepped state as quickly as possible. Following work schedules laid out by the Head Of Rigging.
- Overseeing other members of the team to ensure work is carried out efficiently and to the highest standard, whilst complying with the relevant company written procedures.
- Reporting shortages at the earliest possible opportunity in the absence of the Head Of Rigging
- Ensuring all items of equipment have HSL asset numbers and comply with the relevant statutory certification.
- Undertake other tasks as directed by the Head Of Rigging, Prep Manager and Operations Manager.
- To make pull lists complete and accurate, to transfer equipment in to load bay well in advance of dispatch and sign off pull list.
- Complete fault report sheets to transfer equipment to Technical Department.
- To keep all equipment ready for dispatch.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive experience of entertainment industry rigging products (To include, CM Lodestars, Outboard Controllers, Kinesys motion control).
- Proven Competence in inspection and testing of all types of entertainment rigging products.
- Very good telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with high profile visitors and international clients.
- Good customer relations, sales and negotiation techniques and skills.
- Accurate word processing skills, experience of Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Outlook.
- Well organised and excellent administrative skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to meet exacting deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Prior experience of entertainment rigging products
TO APPLY PLEASE SEND CV AND COVERING LETTER TO: email@example.com
............................ HSL Group Holding Ltd, Units E & F, Glenfield Park, Philips Road, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 5PF
HSL is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.